Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh, yes they call him the streak....

Oh, yes, they call him the streak, look at that, look at that....

For those of you who are in shock right now, this post is not about our son but rather is a random post about things that I am now paying attention to now that I have a little one of my own. A little one, who just might do something like this in the near future.

My YMCA is a lovely two story building in the heart of the Galleria that overlooks a swimming pool, a baseball field and a school with real trees which for H-town is a vertual National Forest! So, I enjoy taking a break from work and going to the Y to get on a treadmill and do my hamster imitation which is running as fast as I can as long as I can and go absolutely no where. Kind of an analogy for life, don't you think? But that's another story.

While running today, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blinding streak of pale flesh run across the concrete by the pool, quickly followed by a larger, long haired blurr. After I was able to focus on said blurr, which, running like a hamster is very difficult to do, I realized that it was a butt naked little boy streaking the swimming pool with his mother in hot pursuit.

I found this amazingly funny and hope that all my friends and family will kindly remind me of this when G. goes streaking across the lawn, swimming pool or where ever once he realizes he can get out of his clothes all by himself....

Ah, the joys of fatherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment